Sunday 1 May 2016

Circular No 756








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 1 May 2016 No. 756
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Now for a recompilation of many emails, no specific subject.
----------------------------------------------------
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
30 Mar
Jean,
Nice to hear from you, Jean.
Hope to see you this year, God willing.
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------.
On 20 March 2016 at 18:47,
Jean Demeillac <jean.demeillac@terracaribbean.com> wrote:
Hi Ladislao,
Hope all is well with you!
I remember in 1956 during the general elections, for Bernard asking us to pray that the PNM would not win.
So much for that!
Jeansie de Meillac 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 20, 2016, at 1:42 PM,
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there
Help out the Circular, send me a few lines on your time at the school
Would like to keep this circulating for at least this year
Ladislao Kertesz, EDITOR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Pete Da Costa <stevesco@outlook.com>
22 Feb
Point Form
Went to MSB between 1955 to 1961.
Boarded from 1955 to 1957 then dayboy to 1961.
Didn't like Bobo, he leaned back too much, never stood up straight.
Had arrangement with Mr. De Mathis French teacher he walked in the front door and I walked out the back door, end of French for me.
Blew up Miss's Marcus's lab, end of chemistry for me
Best class was science with VOOSH best teacher.
Did like to hear Fr. Augustine's tales of when he was a boy in Holland during the war.
Somebody threw a spit ball at me from far side of class on second floor, I ducked it ended up in the hall and I jumped out to get it to throw back and found myself in front of the Abbott.
Nice man though, he just smiled and that was all.
Left in 1961 in form IV didn't graduate.
Got job with Varig Airlines at Piarco as ticket agent.
Varig closed POS and went to Gordon Grant with Air Canada and KLM.
(Aviation family Grandfather worked for BWIA, Father and Uncle worked for Pan Am)
Went to Canada in 1965 to live in St. Catharines.
Got married two years later to the French Canadian girl next door in 1967 in St. Catharines.
Three kids now seven grand kids.
Worked in St. Catharines in the lab of a paper mill, then GM as assembler.
Laid off in 1970.
Went back to school in 1970 to Centennial College in Toronto graduated as Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
Got Canadian licensed in 1973.
Moved up the ladder from Apprentice AME to Manager of Maintenance, held various positions as Director of Maintenance and V.P. Maintenance.
Retired 2013 now reports to wife and do whatever she tells me.
Now lives in Cambridge, Ontario.
Life is good.
Could always be worse.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Pete Da Costa <stevesco@outlook.com>
15 Feb
Ladislao,
I read your email below re the situation in Venezuela. 
I have always had an interest in Venezuela as I was born in Trinidad but my mother’s father and his family came to Trinidad from Ciudad Bolivar.
It is indeed very sad to see what that beautiful country has come too.
But with God’s intervention she will rise again.
May the Lord keep you and your family safe during these difficult times.
Regards
Peter
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
salvador coscarart <coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com>
15 Mar
Good morning Mr Joe Mekdessie.
It was a great pleasure to have made contact again with you.
My email address is     coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com     and my cell number is 337-412-8751. 
If you have free time, please write some of your adventures and your brothers from the Abbey School, and what years did you attended the school and where you from originally.
This information will be sent to our brother Ladislao Kertesz in Venezuela so he can put it in the monthly news of the Abbey School.
Ok don't forget to call me when you go visit your daughter in Baton Rouge,
I’ll go meet with you.
Have a great week and god bless.
Your little brother. Abbey boy for ever. jejejejejej
Salvador Coscarart (abbey boy 1967- 1974).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Kazim
Apr 21 at 3:27 AM
I have updated the Database to show Trevor's time of entry also.
---------------------------------------------------------------.
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com> wrote:
Today in 1945 Sir Trevor Evelyn, arrives on the Mount. 
My submission to the Circular.
Cheers Glen
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Trevor Evelyn <tevelyn@rogers.com>
Sent: April 29, 2015 9:20 PM
Glen,
Regarding the email from Philip Clegg he states that I went to MSB in 1947 well that is incorrect
I arrived on the 22nd of April 1945 and left on 12th Dec 1949 five wonderful years
Trevor E
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
28 Feb
Hi good morning, Iftica,
Here is one of the newer ones for you to enjoy.
Can you give me a few lines on Allan?? 
I believe you told me that he is Barbados.
Do you have his phone number or email?
God bless
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
GEOFFREY GOLDING <geoffreygolding@rogers.com>
21 Mar
Hi Ladislao,
Good to hear from you. I will send you my brief bio in about a week or so as I am now packing my house to move.
Happy Easter,
Geoff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
22 Feb
Dear Sirs,
I am contacting you for news on Malcolm Boyack, who is a member of your fishing group.
I have lost contact with him thru the years and would like to ask you to remit this to him.
The last email has been lmboyack@gmail.com, and have been told that he had a health issue.
God bless
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Leary & Gillian O'Connor <gilleary@raafawa.net.au>
21 Feb
I have an email address for Malcolm –Imboyack@gmail.com
Malcolm had a stroke a while back but believe he is recovering well. 
Living in Perth makes it difficult to have up-to-date on Malcolm but when I last heard that was the situation.
Nice to hear from you and always enjoy the blogs and newsletters.
Leary O’Connor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
TTGFA <info@ttgfa.com>
23 Feb
Hi,
Yes he is a member of the association, and that is the only email address I have for him.
I’ve passed this message onto to someone who can contact him directly.
If I do get another email address for him I will pass it on to you.
Regards,
Monique
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
22 Feb
Thank you very much Pete
Since you seem in the writing mood, please give a two liner on the Mount boys that you have met???
I ask this because we have lost lots of Oldboys and I need a lead as to their whereabouts and other pertinent information for me to find them. 
I would like to keep the Circular going for maybe another year.
I am glad that you have done well and your family is getting larger.
God bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz, kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circulars’ mailing list or any Old Boy that you would like to include.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
15PD0001PDC, Pete da Costa
62LK6437FBSPORTSGRP, Sports Day Group
14LK6413FBJHA, Joseph Habib
11LK4859FBEDE, Errol Dean and daughter





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.