Saturday 3 September 2016

Circular No 774









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 3 of September 2016 No. 774
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
We have a phone number for Roger Scandela, (1967) living in Barbados, 246 418-6775,
Please inform me if the Bajan group gets together for one more time.
I feel that the island is not that big, the political factions not deep, and Mount boys warm in character.
Do make a try, and please inform me if you have met Stephen Tempro, a good friend of mine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Mon, March 22, 2010 7:08:45 PM
Roger Scandela
From: Nigel P. Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Hello, Roger,
I’m so glad that my cousin, Peter, was able to establish contact with you.
I had asked him to try to do so, since we are trying to find all the Old Boys of the Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, with a view to re-forming old ties, old friendships, etc.
We have in fact been at this for a few years already, and we now have over 1270 names on our DataBase.
We meet informally from time to time in various places, and we have also met formally on one or two occasions.
Our meetings allow us to network very well, and many interesting relationships have been re-formed and set up as a result.
I would like to invite you, on behalf of the Old Boys of MSB, to write to me, telling me a little bit about yourself and I would also ask you, if it's not too much trouble, to send me a copy of a recent photograph of yourself.
I am particularly interested in knowing the years during which you were a student at the Mount.
Also, would you least let me have your telephone number and any other points of interest which you might like to share with us.
Our Association is being led by Ladislao Kertesz (Class of 1960) in Venezuela, and he publishes a Circular, somewhat irregularly, in an attempt to bring everyone up to date on on-going areas of interest.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nigel P. Boos
MSB Class of 1960
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Peter Boos <pnboos@gmail.com>
Date: March 22, 2010 4:27:21 PM EDT
Cc: ranch@caribsurf.com
Subject: Re: Roger Scandela
Dear Nigel,
I spoke to Roger (418-6775).
I am copying this to him so you can communicate.
Peter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Nigel P. Boos wrote:
Pete,
I'm trying to locate a Roger Scandela, who attended school at MSB.
He was a Bajan, with a nickname of "Baje".
Would you mind checking the telephone directory for me and letting me know if he can be reached by phone?
Ultimately, I'm trying to find an email address for him.
Thanks.
Nigel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Johnny Garcia...
james samaroo <jimsamtnt@yahoo.com>
Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:23:45 PM
Ok. Merry xmas.
-------------------------------------------------------------Original Message-----
From: ladislao kertesz <kertesz12@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 05:28:35
To:jimsamtnt@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Johnny Garcia
Dear Jimmy
I have Johnny as your cousin??
I would like to place him in the list of ALUMNI but I do not know his status, email, and telephone number.
Can you forward this to him together with a newsletter so that he may join the group??.
Hope that you are getting the newsletter?
God Bless
Ladislao Kertesz
----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
to: jimsamtnt@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:03:36 +0000
Hi Jimmy
It’s good to hear from you, man.
I am still here in Halifax, Pam and I got married in 1977 and we are still here we have three kids, Kelly 25, Sophia 23 and John 17, 
Pam is still with the bank of Montreal, she could retire any time.
I also was with the bank of Montreal cheque processing imaging etc. for about 20yrs.
Then I got a package which was really good and my pension etc.
Then I got the same job with cibc and national bank, the operation is smaller and more personal, and I really enjoy what I do, 
I'm slim as always was, still smoking cigs. Not good however my health is good. 
I still play guitar any kind of guitar really and any kind of style. 
I played in bands on the weekends for many years in the clubs here in Nova Scotia, then it was fun then it became like a job so I stop playing in bands, but I'm always going to some jam. 
Jimmy it’s good to hear your father has turned over the operations to you,
I guess you must be have your head on well, to be in Trinidad taking care of any kind of business is a challenge. 
I don't know if you know but my father passed away last year. 
We still have the building on Piccadilly Street it’s leased out.  
I speak with Aron Samaroo sometimes he is in Toronto he and my father was very good friends. 
He sold his building in P.O.S. 
Sorry to hear about Pascal eh man, we had so many good times hanging out in Cascade with you guys. 
How are your sisters I remember them so well but it must be 30 years now. 
I also remember your mum she was always kind to us, remember you would have all your swimming medals on the floor in your room.  
Remember Suriname??
That was the wild days. 
Jimmy Alan Juman used to call me a few years ago from Hamilton Canada, I think they had a factory there, but I stopped hearing from him, and don't know what happened to him, is he back in Trinidad?? 
Man I'm always coming to Trinidad but somehow I end up on a beach in Cuba or Dominican Republic, but I have to make a trip to Trinidad next year. 
So yuh married, single, gay, have kids what the hell going on man ??
Hudson is a bank manager with the Royal, his wife is also a loans manager with the Royal, his son also work with Royal, 
Every body is well, Hudson see plenty people in Toronto and he goes to Trinidad all the time.  
Man here in Nova Scotia if I see a Trinidadian they come here by accident.
I will cc. this email to some of the old boys so they too can contact you. 
Come and visit,   
Take care best of the season to you and your family.
Glen McKoy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:53:20 -0800
From: jimsamtnt@yahoo.com
Hi Glen,
It’s been a very long time.
Got your address from Neil.
HOW ARE YOU MAN ?
Still playing the guitar, I remember you were very gifted in that area.
Well I am here in Trini, trying to survive, my father has retired and I am now running the show,
I run a racing pool in Curepe, Sams Racing Service.
Good business, the only problem is the people,
I am tired of dealing with ignorant assholes, crime here is getting worse, the people don’t want to work, only party.
I was living in Florida for a few years till my father wanted me to come and help him, no he is living in Florida, all my sisters and family.
I am here just working and taking care of everybody.
So what are you doing with yourself?
How is Hudson and the rest of the family?
Say hi for me.
Take care of yourself, all the best , hope to hear from you soon,
later Jimmy.      
                            the Abbey memories............................
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Re: Thank you for the pleasant time
Friday, May 29, 2009 1:36 PM
From: "james samaroo" <jimsamtnt@yahoo.com>
Hi Ladislao.
It was a pleasure to meet you,
I enjoyed the fishing trip barring the fish, but all is well.
I am very sorry that I did not have the time to see you during your stay here, but I am certain there will be another time,
if I do visit Caracas again I will give you a call ,
Take care, God bless,
Jimmy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent:Tue 5/27/08 2:38 PM
Thank you Nigel,
I also will do the same, for any of my brothers if I am close enough, that’s why I sent around this email, because so many have already expressed this in so many ways. 
Nigel, before I forget, Rico Beekhoo called me a few days ago, his phone number is Toronto 647-340-4629, he's divorced, 3 young kids, he is doing well now, he made me laugh for an hour, some stories I can't write will have to tell you when I see yuh. 
He was the first boy to wear short pants on the mount, that year is also the first year we grew our hair long, the year was 1969, that is when Rico, and his buddies Nathanial Sampath, he is in Orlando, and Gangaram Rampersad is in New Jersey.
This is all the info I have on these guys for now,  
Best regards 
Glen

It would be a privilege for me to be asked to help you, at any time.
God grant that I might find it always possible to come to the help of one of my brothers or sisters.
Count me in.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: Neil‏
From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent: Wed 5/28/08 9:52 AM
Neil, this story so good I have to pass it on, don't forget to pass on any emails or phone numbers to Nigel Boos,
Thank you
Glen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nchacha57@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:55:11 -0400
Glen...
You won't believe this!
I looked in the phone book and saw one listing for David Sampath, his wife answered and told me they are from Trinidad and David also went to MSB in the 60's,the guy lives 2 miles up the street from me on the same road, can you believe that? She said he is coming back from Trinidad tonight and will give me a call tomorrow.
I will keep you posted.
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
----------------------------------------------
Photos:
15AZ3206AZAFAM, Arturo Zavarce
08LK1717REUNION2008, Jimmy Samaroo
14LK8670FBNSAGRP, Nathaniel Sampath and group
12LK0002CKN, Christopher Knowles






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.