Saturday 17 December 2016

Circular No 789









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 17 December 2016 No. 789
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is the address of the Caribbean Association in Australia.
Maybe a source to find Mount Boys??
I believe that Esmond Lange was its president some years ago.
FYI info on CAA -http://caaperth.org
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz <kertesz11@gmail.com>
10/12/2016
Dear Douglas,
In the list of old boys you appear as Da Fraites. 
As surname, is it correct?
I am missing the Form V graduating date no matter where you graduated, so that I may place you with your classmates.
The same with your brother Anthony.
Need the home address for both and telephone.
Do you correspond or keep in contact with other oldboys???
Can you give me 51 word essay on your CV for the Circular.
I need it to keep the Circular alive a little longer.
God Bless
Ladislao class 1960
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Douglas Fraites <dafraites@sympatico.ca>
05/12/2016
Hi Ladislao,
Sorry for the delay in getting you Tony’s e-mail address. 
He does not have his own but uses his wife Eileen’s. 
Please send the bulletins to: monkseatonlibraryeileen@yahoo.co.uk
I speak with Eileen regularly and she told me Tony is looking forward to the bulletins. 
I have already passed on the ones you sent me. 
Best regards,
Douglas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Charles-Henri Dunoyer de Noirmont
Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:36 AM
Subject: RE: First Abbot - Mayeul de Caigny
Dear Old Boy.
I read your message about Joël Blandin, who was at Mount St Benedict with me too, along with another Frenchman: Deleuze, ( I forgot his Christian name ).
I have a picture of Blandin and myself, plus some of my cousins, taken while we were vacationing at Chantal and Guy de Pompignan's estate, located at Mayaro.
I had taken Blandin for some days there, since he had no family in Trinidad.
Guy de Pompignan was the brother of my grandmother: Elizabeth Agostini, who lived in Port of Spain, 145 Henry Street.
Could you give me more details about his death, i.e.  approximative date and  location?
Best regards
Charles Henri de Noirmont.
I will try my best to find something about him..
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
David Bratt <dvd_bratt@yahoo.com>
12/11/2016
Ladislao,
How are you?
Just to let you know.
My articles are available on my professional Facebook page: The Bratt Office.
Maybe you could let the Boys know?
Thanks, Keep safe!
David
David E Bratt CMT, MD, MPH
Trinidad& Tobago, West Indies
(868) 622 9146
Twitter: @docbrat1
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: “Peter Boos" <pboos@caribnet.net>
Date:18 Apr 04:42 (PDT)
Hi Ladislao,
I will try and get the information on Steven Tempro and John Dulieu that you requested.
The only Mount old boys with who I am in contact are Jon Golding and Jean de Meillac-both in Trinidad.
I believe Jon has been in contact.
Jean works for Terra Caribbean in Trinidad.
I hope that helps.
Will get back to you on the others.
Happy Easter.
Peter
----------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 12:04 PM
Caracas, 17 of April 2003.
Dear Peter,
Thank you for your report and your details.
I shall place it in my archives.
Are you in contact with other old boys?
If so please tell me their names so that I may include them also.
Since you are in Barbados please give my regards to Steven Tempro, owner of Smugglers Cove, if possible take a photo or two of them and the hotel. I want to include my personal friend in the circular.
Also if you have a little time to spare, contact Helen Air, Capt. John Dulieu, owner of the airline, who is also an Old Boy from the Mount,
Again I have no information of him or photo.
Maybe he would like to advertise his airline.
I know that I am asking you a big favour but the circulars must keep on for a few issues again.
Without articles I am dead.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:31:18 -0400, "Peter Boos" wrote:
Hi Ladislao,
My name is Peter Boos, a first cousin of Nigel.
I live in Barbados and work for Ernst & Young.
I married Jan Hunte, a Barbadian, in 1969 and we have two children and a 2 year old grandson.
I was born on 29 April 1945.
Thanks for including me on the distribution list of your very impressive circulars on Mount, of which I am of course an old boy.
The picture of the class of 1958 is a copy of one that I also have and I am #3 in the back row.
I believe Rolph Hive is #4 to the right of me.
It cannot however be the class of 1958 as I left Trinidad in 1957 to go to school in England.
I believe this would have to be 1955 or 1956 as after the Mount I went to CIC for 9 months before leaving for England.
I hope that helps.
Congratulations on the excellent work you are doing.
Peter
-----------------------------------------------------
From: "Peter Boos" <pboos@caribnet.net>
Date: 5 May 05:27 (PDT)
Hi Ladislao,
I was born 29 April 1945.
My Dad wanted me to "succeed" and tried hard to make it happen!
His philosophy was based on the "tough love" model.
I was at MSB for a relatively short time-no more than 2 years.
I left around 1955,went to St. Mary's College for a year then went to the Oratory School, a Catholic Public in England from 1957.
Several other boys from Trinidad went there too including Bernard Bermudez, Gordon Siegert, Richard Pierre, Aelred and Stephen Plimmer.
I graduated from the Oratory in 1963 and stayed on in London to study to be a Chartered Accountant, which I achieved in 1968.
I returned to Trinidad in 1969 when I married my Barbadian wife, Jan.
Left Trinidad in 1970 to live in Barbados.
Have resided here since but visit Trinidad regularly. Have 2 children, Lara and Christian and a grandson, Luke who is 2.
Today I am Executive Chairman of Ernst & Young Caribbean.
My telephone number is 246-435-6733 at home.
My address is Hillcrest, Golf Club Road, Christ Church, Barbados.
Will try and send a picture.
Please remind me who you wanted me to contact.
From MSB I remember Richard and Randall Galt, Roger Henderson, Michael Herrera, Michael Howard (great sprinter), Jean de Meillac.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Peter
---------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 4:21 PM
Caracas, 3 of May 2003.
Dear Peter,
I have made the change to Accountant, thank you.
Please send me corrections when needed.
I even took the not msb line note off. This was Nigel’s input a year ago.
Now that we are correcting, please tell me if you did or would have graduated in 1955? as the list says.
Do you have any telephone number?
Address?
A photo or two?
Did you contact those that I wrote you last?
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------
On Fri, 2 May 2003 08:13:38 -0400, "Peter Boos" wrote:
Hi Ladislao,
Please note that I am a Chartered Accountant, not an Architect.
I had sent you a message some time ago.
Did you receive it?
Congratulations on the outstanding job you are doing for the old boys of Mount.
Peter
-----------------------------------------------.
I had a really great visit here at the Mount and had the privilege of meeting Fr. Cuthbert in the Pax Yogurt factory with its manager/Director Abbey School Alumnus, Maxime De Comarmond and I gave him your kind regards.
He beamed from ear to ear (really prominent ears).
Today is the Feast of Sts. Maurus and Placid, the names also given to Frs. Maurus Maingot and Placid Ganteaume, the first local vocations to the Monastery in Trinidad.
Today is also the 55th Anniversary of Abbot Hildebrand's Monastic Profession and the 17th year since Bro. Ian St. Louis died.
Let's pray for many Caribbean vocations to the monastic way of life; the life of the enclosed, solitary life that influenced our own lives in the Abbey School and through the kindly, paternal ways of our former teachers.
-----------------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
-----------------------------------------------------
60UN0001CLASS1960, last photo of the class with name correction
57UN0001CLASS1957, Last photo of Class 1957 check the date the photo was taken 1955
03LK0001PBO, Peter Boos and guests
04LK0002FFR, Fr. Francis Friesen in Holland






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.